.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Confession

Sometimes on Sundays I like to get all sauced up on green tea and George Orwell, put on a dress, and go to a movie by myself at this vintage theatre where the tickets are $3 and the seats are velvety and uncomfortable at the same time. I don't usually tell people that's what I'm doing because it's hard to explain why going to a movie by yourself feels good and by the time I get home, I kind of feel like I've gotten away with something. On those Sundays, I'm struck by the fact that things are much more pleasurable when you feel like you're not supposed to do them and then a life of crime seems more appealing than ever. Chris Couch: Illegal Exotic Animal Tradesman has a nice ring.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger paper napkin said...

Love to go to the movies by myself. I don't think it's odd at all.

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous superdeens said...

LOVE going to the movies by myself. I can sit wherever I want and can go whenever I want, like at four pm when it's really inconvenient for everyone else. You can also sit through several movies whereas with a friend/group it's hard to be discreet.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me where I can see a $3 movie in Chicago!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Logan Theatre

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

I do the same thing in Richmond all the time, and it's not weird. No dress, though.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home