.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Confession

I know it's juvenile, but I keep a copy of this picture:



in my wallet just behind my subway pass and every time I have to go somewhere, I'm kind of surprised by the fact that a hilariously screaming child is staring back at me and I laugh out loud to myself, sometimes for a good 30 seconds. I'm almost 100% sure that the woman who works at my subway stop thinks I'm mentally retarded and she gives me this look of confusion and pity every time I come through. I never say anything because explaining that not only do I carry around a picture of a terrified child receiving a "You're Adopted!" message via a cat bursting forth from a birthday cake, but I also routinely forget that it's there and laugh with delight every single time I rediscover it, makes me sound even more disturbed than just being the kid that laughs for no reason at subway stops. It's a really sad day when you think to yourself, "Just let the subway lady think you're retarded. It's way better than the truth."

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger MonoCerdo said...

OH MY GOSH. That picture! I must pause to regroup. Chris, you have enriched my life in so many ways, precious and true.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Scott said...

Ok, that's just too funny.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger muse said...

Ditto Monocerdo said! :)

On another note: I made my blog private (due to a real life weirdo taking an unhealthy interest in my life), did I send you an invite? If not, can you send me your email? muse.urbaine at gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home