.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Friday, July 06, 2007

Roadtrip Wrap-Up (Truncated! Just Like Extra Long Decimals!)

There are few things better than the Great American Roadtrip. Barring skiing down a slope of ice cream or tongue-wrestling with the MIT math league, I honestly can't think of anything better than piling in the car with a bunch of friends and driving somewhere new. My trip this weekend was phenomenally phenomenal. We ate a boatload of beef jerky, I got to make as many awful puns as I wanted, and it felt pretty good to be around people say things like "babies are nature's kickballs." I would tell you more about our trip - which spanned several states and involved adventures like riding a duck-shaped van that transformed into a boat through a Mississippi River canal - but it would be a crime to tell those stories without photographic illustrations. I mean how can you explain just how gross the world's oldest corndog is without pictures? Riddle me that. As soon as I get my grubby paws on some photos (the ones I took are snuff film-level grainy), I'll upload them along with tales of triumph and tribulation.

In the mean time, Chicago and I are officially one-month into our red-hot love affair as of tomorrow. I'm way into this place, almost (but not quite) as much as I was into wearing pants like this all the way up until 1995 or so. As obnoxious as it is to put in print, I can officially say that I'm head over heels in love with here, more so than I've ever been with a place in my life, and when my weekend visitor gets here tomorrow, I plan to celebrate in style with some frushi followed by an evening at a fairly swanky jazz bar. There will be gin. There will be jazz. I am hoping that dancing will be involved. I feel like it might be impossible not to fall in love with a place when there's gin and jazz and dancing. That's like holding the Triforce of Badassery*. Photos and stories to come when my camera-savvy friends upload them. In the meantime, crack open some Bombay Sapphire, turn on some Coltrane, and think of me.





* In this scenario, replace courage, wisdom, and power with awesomeitude, face-melting sweetness, and rockstardom. Also replace whatever you thought of me before reading that last sentence with "total fucking dork."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home