.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Questions I've Been Asked on Dates In the Past Seven Months:

* Have you ever kissed a girl? Would you consider it?

* You've really never hooked up with your guy friends? Never?

* So when do you turn 21?

* I've been with guys before, is that a problem for you?

* Is your sister hot?

* Would you like to come to my birthday party next week? It's a 48-hour party on my parents farm where all of my friends that are in bands will be playing for two days straight. Also I'm dressing like Jesus and all of my guests are coming as my followers, so, you know, wear a robe or something. You do own a robe right?*

* Would you rather be really hot but have explosive diarrhea once a day or be kinda hot and have no intestinal difficulties at all?

* Do you bruise easily?


Dating is like an explosion of uncomfortable questions.




----------------------------
* I was kind of charmed by this one.

7 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger panajane said...

Tell me you went to the 48 hour party!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger /\ said...

you're just rubbing it in that you've had 8 dates in 6 months, which is 7 more dates than i've had IN MY ENTIRE FRICKIN LIFE.

yeah, you've got MY sympathy.

(UNLESS THESE WERE ALL ASKED ON THE SAME DATE, AND THEN NEVER MIND)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I did not go to the 48 hour party. It was out in a barn in Connecticut and since I didn't know any of his friends, I thought it might be weird. In retrospect, I should have gone.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous frank said...

so what were your answers, or even what you wish you would have said?

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I think the 'hot with cholera' question is kind of a no-brainer.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Chris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I strongly believe that people should be able to ask whatever questions they like at any time. These were my answers:

* No, No, it's not my thing.

* No, It's never been an issue. My guy friends think of me as a guy for the most part.

* October of 2003 [awkward silence ensued]

* Um...I don't know. Give me some time to wrap my mind around that one.

* Which one?

* Ha ha ha, I do own a robe. I'd love to, but I'll actually be out of town that weekend (true story!)

* Oh really hot with the diarrhea. No contest.

* This question didn't happen apropos of nothing.
I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but for some reason I got into an arm-wrestling match on a first date. Being really small, I was putting all of my weight on my arm so he asked if I bruise easily to make sure I wasn't seriously getting hurt.
I told him that out of context, asking if someone bruises easily is officially the most uncomfortable question one can ask on a date and later I joking asked if he planned on leaving his drink unattended for a while. We haven't seen each other again. It's a sad, uncomfortable story.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home