.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Conversations From Last Week

Setting: Walking down the street past a giant cemetary

Overly Friendly Slightly Mentally Unstable Homeless Man: Hey there young lady.

Me: Hey there yourself.

OFSMUHM: It's awfully hot today.

Me: Yeah it'd be nice if it cooled down 10 degrees or so.

OFSMUHM: I'm Ernie. What's your name?

Me: Hi Ernie, I'm Chris.

OFSMUHM: I had a girlfriend named Chris once. I loved her so much, but she's gone now.

Me: I'm so sorry to hear that.

OFSMUHM: She was beautiful. Got hit by a car while crossing the street. I thought I would never get through that. [looks at giant cemetary we are still walking past]

Me: My god, that's terrible. I'm so sorry.

OFSMUHM: I always wanted to get me another girlfriend named Chris.

Me: ...............................

OFSMUHM: Do you....

Me: Have to run. Take care Ernie. Drink lots of fluids.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger C. Daniel said...

I See London I See France
Don't let them see your little girl's underpants!
www.monkeybarbuddies.com

As seen in your Google ads. Beautiful.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger d said...

i think OFSMUHM was on my train this morning. he kept falling asleep standing up and dropping his 4 redeye newspapers, then trying to pick them up with his eyes closed.

he was right in front of the doors, so people would awkwardly try to time their exits when he snapped to and stood up straight.

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous kerri said...

One of my favorite "conversations with strangers" moments was when a man walking down the street in Hawaii stopped me and two of my girlfriends to gleefully! exclaim to the blonde in our trio that she was "The most beautiful girl he had ever seen. And I would know, because I know Cindy Crawford," he went on to say. She said "thank you" and we laughed and walked away. He then came running back to re-state what he had just said, word for word, but possibly feeling bad for neglecting to mention my friend and I in his earlier gushing, told us, "And you two aren't too bad, neither. She's like a model, but you guys are alright." Literally. I almost peed I was laughing so hard.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home