.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Friday, June 22, 2007

What's In a Name?

I just finished an interview with a woman who insisted on calling me Bikina during our entire 45 minute conversation. I tried to correct her numerous times, but she kept saying "What's your name? Bikina? That's what I've been saying! Right! Bikina!" The interview went so well and the woman was so ridiculously nice that when it was over and she asked me where such an unorthodox name came from, I didn't have the heart (or patience) to try to sound out Kris-Tee-Na again, so I just said the first thing that came to my mind. "It's Balkan."

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger panajane said...

Reminds me of my long ago phone sales day. They were good and bad and funny and sad. One guy sent me pictures of himself in his wheelchair with his four australian collies. Some would tell me about their troubles, about their families, about whatever it was they wanted to. Hell of a learning experience.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home