.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Monday, June 18, 2007

To Air Is Human

The Chicago regional air guitar championship was this weekend and sweet saucy sally, was it face-meltingly awesome. There are few things in the world I love more than competitive air guitar...honestly. I love watching it, I love interviewing people who do it, I love being in a sweaty club and screaming my lungs out while some dude who works in sales during the day has his 60 seconds of rock star glory. while fans. I love that there are different schools of air guitar philosophy. I love that one of the tenets of air guitar is "If you're playing air guitar, you can't be holding a weapon." Everything about it - from the dude who competed dressed like a Transformer to the woman who threw her bra at him - makes me want to high five the entire country. I mean, just look at this picture and try not to smile...see, you can't do it...you're a little more in love with humanity right now too aren't you? I thought so. The world needs fewer reality TV series and more air guitar rock gods.

Besides having all things rock rain down on me Friday night, I also ate at Hot Doug's Sausage Superstore and Encased Meats Emporium again this weekend. So far, that's my favorite place to eat in Chicago. Besides the fact that it's delicious, Hot Doug's also has this mural inside the ladies room:


and the sign on the girl's restroom features an empty hot dog bun. I'm cool with anyone that's commissioned a painting of American Gothic replaced with hot dog heads. That's enough to get you a Field's Medal for incalculable awesomeness in my book. Later this week, I have every intention of filling this recently purchased flask:


with high-end gin and taking it to a park to watch a free screening of Stomp the Yard. It's like I moved to my own weird slice of heaven. I am incredibly thankful to be here.

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friends,

I Find Absolutely FREE PlayBoy & Penthouse:

http://www.oxpe.net/playboy/

If I find something else I'll inform you.

Best Regards,
Vera

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger d said...

oddly enough i was introduced to hot doug's thursday night. lived here for years, never been.

you're taking this city by storm.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home