.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Overheard On a Flight From Charlotte to Richmond

Girl: Hey, do you guys ever play that game Six Degrees of Separation with Kevin Bacon?

Dude #1: Yeah that game blows my mind.

Girl: I am, like, obsessed with that game.

Dude #2: And it's so true you know? When you think about it, we really are separated by six degrees. You can probably, like, reach anyone in six degrees. Six degrees man! [long pause] Six degrees!

Girl: Yeah, it's mind blowing.

Dude #1: It totally blows my mind.

Dude #2: It blows my mind because it's so, I don't know, true man. It's so [pause for effect] honest. It's just so. damn. honest. Six degrees...that's all there is.

Dude #1: Six degrees.

Girl: Six degrees.

[Fin]

It was like being verbally shiv'd right in the cerebellum. I should also mention that the aforementioned girl was also the owner of this:


pictured here retreating into its denim lair. That visual unpleasantry reared its ugly head numerous times in the airport. If you've ever wondered who that person writing down your conversations and photographing your buttcrack in the airport is, it's totally me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger AJ said...

They were high, right?

Right?

Please tell me they were high.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Vinny Quinn said...

Dude, you just like totally stole my wife's life. I was like totally overwhelmed when I like read this post. Dude take care. I'm like, gonna like watch the movie with Will Smith. I'm told it's like totally like awesome.

Put the emphasis ro upward tilt on the end words of each of the sentences if you like.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Jeff said...

Crack kills.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff - Not fast enough

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Don said...

That is, like, so amazing? Because they're right, it's so mindblowingly true? You know? And also cus like I blogged about the same thing? On my own blog? The very same day, man! You know?

Got here via runjenrun, who totally cracks me up. Oh, now THERE's a coincidence.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home