.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Google Glory (And Other Eye Rollingly Bad Examples of Alliteration)

Since I put ads on this "eeee-leck-tronic sonofabitch" as my father would say, I've received a number of e-mails about how delightfully absurd the corresponding Google ads have been. When I put ads up, I was just hoping to buy some goats (you can read about that project here). I didn't expect that Google would come up with things far more hilarious than anything my 12 year old brain could dredge up. Here are a couple of my favorites so far. #1:


First off, you have to hand it to any ad that leads with "Like Drunk Women?" Someone at home is nodding to themselves thinking "As a matter of fact, I do." I love the above ad because up until this very second, I was totally unaware that there was a market for web surfers in search of drunk women. I love the idea that this rogue little site could potentially help connect some lonely tech-savvy dude with the intoxicated femme fatale of his dreams. #2:

Whoever wrote this ad couldn't come up with a phrase less repugnant than "Female Fishy Smell?" Really? That's the best you guys could do? It's a shame when you can say that the snappy ad for "Vaginal Odor No More" is officially the lesser of two evils. #3:


This screenshot was sent by my friend Shaun. There's nothing really to say other than every ad on this page is simply glorious. Also, what the hell is an "Older Man Men?" Can you do that now, combine singular and plural into one megaphrase like that? Is that a new rule? I imagine that whoever wrote this ad did so while stroking his soul patch and saying to himself, "I work for an untouchable internet overlord. Me thinks I shall make up my own grammatical rules rule today," then he would twirl his Snidley Whiplash mustache, cackle to the sky, and run outside to tie a girl to the train tracks. Yeah, that's probably exactly how it happened.

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Occasionally I'll click on the links just for the thrill that I'm helping you with your goats.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liar. You're curious about how to get rid of your female fishy smell.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home