.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Shave Her Legs! Get a Cell Phone Ringtone!

Upon seeing this ad from Myspace, the place where all creepy/nonsensical ads have their moment in the sun:

* Click for larger view

Me: What are people thinking? Is there anything on earth more uncomfortable than the idea of helping tiny lab coat-draped scientist-looking guys shave gigantasaurus rex lady's legs and getting rewarded in cell phone rings? That doesn't even remotely make sense. When I see this ad, I'm filled with all of these questions. Does that woman have a fused spine and she can't shave her own legs? And who was like "picture this - there's this huge broad and she's got tree trunk-like leg hair and if you got the cursor skillz to shave that shit off man, you win a ringtone. Sweet right?" I wish I was there for that pitch meeting.

Friend: How about a pair of pants filled with maggots?

Me: What?

Friend: Wearing pants filled with maggots. That would probably be more uncomfortable than thinking about that ad.

Me: It's times like these when I wish I had a summer cottage somewhere in your head.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Jeff said...

Love it - though I can't help but think that these ads are made so that people blog about how awful they are...

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home