.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Friday, February 23, 2007

Let's Buy Some Goats!

No really, let's do it. My only New Year's resolution is to "get awesome," which means spending less time lamely sitting around my apartment and more time being a part of projects larger than myself. Starting today, this terrible excuse for a site is going to feature ads (see stage left). These ads that will hopefully generate revenue, 100% of which will be used to purchase goats...or at least one goat... maybe just half a goat...for poor foreign people through Heifer.org. I dig Heifer.org because they focus on providing third-world people with tools that facilitate self-reliance and sustainable development. Phrases like "self-reliance" and "sustainable development" are like Spanish Fly to idealistic tree-huggers like myself. Goats in particular are good gifts since (goat fact alert!) they can survive in extreme conditions and can produce up to a gallon of milk a day. In fact, there's a whole page on the majesty of the goat titled "Goats: The Most Giving Animal Around." And I always thought your mom held that title. Ba-zing! I have no idea if this project will work out or not. Click the ads, we'll buy some goats, and everyone will feel a little better about themselves. Deal? Deal.

6 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Jon said...

I like how the ads relate to your content. I can't imagine what kind of ads are next to some of your other postings.

I for one will definitely be buying this:
100% Pure Goat Milk Soap
Low Prices on Soap and Lotion Free Shipping on Orders Over $25

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Aahh Goats. Buying Goats reminds me of when I was doing taxes through a program called VITA at the Ease End Community Center. One of the Ladies I was doing taxes for missed the bus - So, I offered to drive her home. When we got to her home - she had a goat in the backyard - and her kids were playing with it. How cool I though a pet goat. The following week - again doing taxes at the EECC. She showed up and gave me the best jerk stew I had ever eaten. It wasn't till much later - when I figured out what was in the stew.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Heyyyy...my parents gave to Heifer.org at Christmas this year. I think they bought like, a flock of chickens or something like that. Here's to the year of the goat!

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't spell "goats" without "oats!" And oats are good for you.

Theatre Geek Notification: Your Google ads are actually stage left, as stage positions are defined from the perspective of being on stage, facing the audience, per http://redbirdstudio.com/AWOL/stage.html

Thank you.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh good call. It is corrected.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger petrenkov said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best wishes
Timm Clade

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home