.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Friday, January 19, 2007

This Is Why I Love the Internet

A few days ago, I received an e-mail from Agent Kaye from Improv Everywhere about the Pantless Subway Ride 2K7. Agent Kaye is featured here smothered and covered with a thick coating of awesome sauce instead of pants in the New York subway:

Photo Credit: Chad Nicholson Photography

Not to give away insider secrets, but from what I understand, agents not only got to ride the rails without cumbersome pants, a few ALSO got accused of being murderers and child molesters. Nice.

Knowing that there's not one, but literally hundreds of people driven to drop trou in public or stage the nerdiest protest in the history of the universe for no reason other than it would make people laugh warms my robot heart to it's tiny adamantium core. I see that kind of large-scale delightful ridiculousness and think "THIS is why I moved back from France." Thanks for getting a 5 on the AP Kickassery exam Agent Kaye and Improv Everywhere. You people make me proud to call here home.

7 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Molly said...

I am bored at work and so, I did what I often do when I am bored at work. I took this post, translated it into German, then into French and back to English. My favorite part is the puddle pools translation... Enjoy!

Before a few days, I received everywhere an electronic mail of the Kaye means of Improv on Pantless travels of underground 2K7. The representative, Kaye is marked here, choked and covered with a strong layer of the sauce ehrfuerchtigen in the place of the trousers in the New York the underground: wegeingeweihtgeheimnisse do not give, but that I include/understand, the means which are not only received, receive to assemble the rails without importunate trousers some-of ALSO, its murderer and Kindbelaestiger show. Nice. The knowledge that there is not, however literally the hundreds of people who went to the drop hole in the public or do not produce, that nerdiest with protest in the history of the universe for reason contrary with it would train people who is puddle pools my heart of robot to him adamantium the heart heats smaller. I see that ridiculousness and it think the type of admirable roomy which "I moved consequently of return of France." Grace for 5 on the AP Kickassery an examination average Kaye and Improv to receive everywhere. Bevoelkeren proudly train you me to name here at the house.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Agent Kaye said...

lol, thanks for posting, and thanks for that funny translation Molly!
"wegeingeweihtgeheimnisse" lol!

I had such a great time taking off my pants in the train and riding a full 40 stops without pants!

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boa bitch, you moved? Why? I feel so...disconnected.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/ap_on_re_us/lee_s200th

When I read this I thought of you.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so angry when I remembered about this and found out that I already had made plans for this day.

Next year, I'm totally going and participating. Who else is with me?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm in.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Em said...

i made a special point of looking up Pantsless Subway Ride 2K7 in hopes that i would be able to participate while i was in the city but, alas, it had already transpired. i should have planned farther ahead. rats!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home