.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Thursday, November 23, 2006

For Liberty!

Last night I had a dream that I wrote a screenplay about someone who went back in time on a mission to gather up several key former U.S. presidents in order to form an army of the most important leaders in American history to fight a plague of ultravampires that were destroying the nation. I don't remember who all made the cut, but I do know that Washington, Lincoln, Zachery Taylor, James K. Polk, and Chester A. Arthur - who the Presidents kept referring to as Chester A. Asskicker - all were prominently featured. In the dream, there was a scene that looked almost exactly like this:



except in addition to fighter planes, there were also covered wagons with tank-like guns attached and Christopher Columbus-style boats with gernades on the sides and old school canons loaded with missiles (Abraham Lincoln was definitely firing one of these, top hat and all). Every time they fired on the vampire plague, the Presidents would should "FOR LIBERTY!" At the end, there was some sort of American flag with vampire blood falling in the shape of its stripes. I woke up wanting to go see that movie so badly it hurt inside.

Happy Thanksgiving America.

8 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous frank said...

oh my... yes... that would be a blockbuster. there is a movie you must see, it is called Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter. I suspect you would enjoy it.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Kristin said...

It's quite possible you are the coolest person ever.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh I've seen Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. I love that it's a musical.

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Amanda said...

My brother freaks out every time he sees a picture of Polk. He thinks he's creepy, and almost vampire looking. Maybe someone is a double agent?

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger i heart dorks said...

A few months ago I had a(nother) dream about fighting zombies - in it I saw George Washington and promptly smashed his head with an ax - hello! it had to be done, be was obv a zombie. He was so dead that his skull was petrified and the ax just "tonked" against it. Thrilling.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Molly's BF said...

I had a dream two nights ago that I was reorganizing my parents' bookshelf. I remember thinking, while dreaming, "Man! This is a boring dream!"

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous frank said...

i think you really do need to write this up as a screenplay. i mean, if someone thought making Basic Instinct 2 (tip: don't watch with Grandma) was a good idea then this can't lose...

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous kerrianne said...

Your dreams are so much more exciting than mine. Chester A. Asskicker? Ah, so priceless. (Happy belated! Turkey Day.)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home