.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Got Tagged

Sent by Val

Ten Things I Love:
1. Anything by Waverly Films, like this
2. The Tao of Physics
3. The keytar
4. David Cross
5. People who have mind-blowingly awesome projects, like this guy and this guy and these kids.
6. Ira Glass and his hottiness kickass radio show.
7. Social documentaries, in particular this one, this one, and this one.
8. Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet album
9. Devil's Food cookies - sweet petunia, has a better food ever been invented? I think not.
10. The fact that I own all of the following:
* 1 Eye of Thundera sword, modeled here by my friend Zach and some guy I met this weekend while watching a human beatbox perform (true story!). Chris and I brought random guy home for mojitos:

* 1 book on how to play the Air Guitar complete with inflatable air guitar (excerpt below):

* 1 package of cat anus stickers:

One would think that the most uncomfortable part about owning cat butt stickers would simply be having adhesive cat asses in your hand, but you'd be wrong. The most uncomfortable part of owning cat butt stickers is this tiny illustration:

I don't know which cat private part is being referred to here, but I do know that I will not be enjoying it like the drawing indicates.

Ten Things I'm Fascinated By:
1. The Sex in the City phenomenon - nothing makes me want to die more than the thought of Carrie Bradshaw gettin it on. Nothing.
2. Fundamentalists and zealots
3. Human beatboxes - where do all of those sounds come from?
4. Robots and their Olympic games
5. The hilarious downfall of Britney Spears...honestly, it's like watching my own parents' divorce, where did it all go wrong?
6. Homophobia
7. How my boyfriend manages to get chin or chest hair on literally every surface in our tiny apartment except for the bathtub where instead, there's rotted meat.
8. How Kathy Griffin keeps resurfacing on television no matter how many times I think the American public has finally defeated her. She's like Lex Luthor.
9. The space-time continuum
10. The Swedish language. I have no idea how anyone learns Swedish. There are no separate words in this language. Never ever have I heard a language that when spoken properly sounds exactly the same as when completely made up by a muppet. Once I had a Swedish friend who told me how to say "My melons are too big for just one hand" in her native tongue (additionally she also taught me to say, "My boyfriend possesses a very large tennis racket" and "In my sleeping quarters, your mother is like a wild puma"). If you're interested in how to say all of these expressions, fill your mouth with honey and peanut butter. Try to talk. You have just mastered Swedish.

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Tyler said...

The "please enjoy our cat butts" made me snort really loudly and I'm pretty sure the temp without a personality likes I'm crazy. But thank you, regardless.

Also, I'd like to share with you that I now own the screenplay to My Dinner with Andre. It was only a dollar. WHO'S JEALOUS?

I have it sitting next to my Remains of the Day lunchbox. And I'm 100% serious.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home