.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Couple of Things I've Noticed Since Owning a Dog

#1: Everything that I hate about pet owners (e.g. talking to the pet in a ridiculous voice, attributing human traits to an animal dumb enough to sometimes eat its own feces, drawing parallels between having a dog and having a baby, having nothing to contribute to conversations besides how great your stupid pet is) - it's a struggle not to become that. I'm so losing (e.g. this very post).

#2: There's a whole dog owner subculture. I took Stella Cool J (that's the dog's name) to a park specially designed for such beasts and a woman came up to me and started talking about her dog's scorching case of diarrhea, which as it turns out, my dog was experiencing as well. I wish it was ok to go up to people in regular parks and talk about your rectal problems. That would be awesome/horrifying.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Jeff said...

#1: I think the next time someone tells me about their pet, I'm going retaliate by telling them about my job. A veritable battle of the bores.

And for #2, I'm leaning towards 'horrifying'.

(#2 heh...)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger muse said...

Welcome to the cult! ;) (you're Official Badge is in the mail)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home