.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Last night I got free tickets to see Movin' Out: The Billy Joel Musical. The combination of free tickets plus 2.5 straight hours of pure interpretive dance (sa-weet!) plus the fact that the musical did have multiple scenes which included the use of a grassy prop hill chock full of human skulls, made me feel like this: So I prepared for the event by making a special commemorative garment that would let everyone in the audience know who the biggest Piano-Man-inspired-interpretive-dance-musical fan was. It looked like this:

That shirt pretty much let everyone know that I was not to be trifled with. I came home, had a glass of tea, then said to my rockstar boyfriend, "man, I wish it would snow." Not two seconds later, the TV weather man announced that it indeed was snowing. And it was beautiful:

Today we're adopting a dog:


We might name her Ella Cool J. Also, three friends/family members were tested for cancer the week before. This week, all tests came back negative. This has been a fantastic week to be alive.

7 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger muse said...

Congrats on the addition to the family! She looks like such a sweetie! :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Hey, so does that mean you're coming to visit now?

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Leah said...

Cuz I'm in a.....RICHMOOOOOOND.....state of mind (crowd goes wild, I'm on my feet, screaming like the mustached Billy Joel fanatic next to us). Ahhh, Billy. You make even the haters want to love.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Yes! It does mean we can come visit!

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Em said...

Wait, now that you're gonna have a dog it will make visiting difficulter! Unless you visit specifically to show off the dogg, I spose. Anyway congrats on your new dogdom and I am jellus.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Analyst Catalyst said...

Love the shirt!

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Leah said...

I need to host a dog shower. I'll have tea sandwiches with the crusts cut off and serve bone-shaped cake while we unveil your gift: the top-of-the-line pooper scooper. Or we can just buy you this service (www.doodycalls.com).

Good luck as you embark upon the trials of parenthood.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home