.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Get Down and Break a Sweat

Something that holds a special place in my tiny, shriveled heart is fitness-themed 80's music videos. In all seriousness, I cannot get enough of them. It's like a glorious dance belt-fueled drug. There's just something about way-too-tiny spandex meets way-too-enormo hair that makes me feel completely at peace. Prior to today, my top five favorite fitness-themed 80's music videos were:

1. Call On Me - Eric Prydz - it's the gratuitious leotard thong shots. I'm a sucker for them.
2. Go For It - Hot Sundae
(Note: I realize that Hot Sundae is less of an actual group and more of a very special Saved By the Bell episode, but helllllllloooooo, there was totally a scene where they were dancing/working out/workin it on synchronized trampolines. What's not to love?)
3. Let's Get Physical - Olivia Newton John
4. What A Feeling - Flashdance
5. Don't Lose My Number - Phil Collins

Today my world was rocked when I was sent what is undoubtedly the greatest gym-themed music video of all time. Ladies and gentlemen, Carl Lewis.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I'd never seen that first video before. It's pretty hot.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Also, you'd know about this if you lived in Chicago, but the 1985 Chicago Bears did a video called the Superbowl Shuffle. It's not EXACTLY exercise-themed, but they ARE sports stars, so it could get an honorable mention or something.

Superbowl Shuffle

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger kerri said...

Is Carl wearing eyeliner in that video? SO awesome. I think I discovered what my gym experience has been missing all of these years: a black work-out jumpsuit, complete with contrasting white belt.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home