.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Friday, December 23, 2005

Conversation From Today

84 Year Old Grandmother: Do you have a washing machine in your apartment?

24 Year Old Me: Sure do.

Grandmother: Where?

Me: By the kitchen, in a little closet.

Grandmother: I bet you like that.

Me: It's nice. I've never really lived in an apartment with a washing machine. It's kind of weird not to go down the street to wash clothes.

Grandmother: Well I wouldn't want to use a washing machine that other people's dirty clothes have been in.

Me: That part never really bothered me.

Grandmother: You never know who has AIDS.

Me: [silence. silence] I don't really know what to...

Grandmother: Do you want some ham biscuits? I love ham biscuits.

Me: Umm...I'm not really hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home