.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Monday, April 25, 2005

Weekend Update



Nothing much to report from the weekend other than I ate lots of delicious food. Basically all of today was spent watching top 40 countdowns on MTVE and VH1E courtesy of a friend's heaven-sent cable television. Now, by a show of hands, how many people out there knew that Christina Aguilera is black and didn't tell me? I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS PEOPLE! I mean, I have always known that Christina Aguilera has terrible taste, but I had no idea she was actually of African descent. Not to rip on someone who's richer, better looking, more talented, not to mention significantly taller, than your humble narrator, but I kind of just assumed that her skin color wouldn't change from this to this. Silly me.

In other news, the writers over at VH1 UK clearly have gone insane since ABBA trumped Led Zepplin, Guns N Roses, The Doors, Pink Floyd, and The Beatles on the list of top 40 bands of all time. The Beatles, The Doors, and The Clash never even made it onto the list, but thankfully Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, and Oasis made it. What the hell is wrong with everyone?

Thankfully our friends at the New York Times have kept their sense of humor and published the best headline ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home