.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tales of a Post-Grad Nothing

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Well...welcome to Bush II part II: The Climactic Conclusion. Maybe I'm just looking for things to harp on (as if there aren't enough obvious ones out there...no real need to go searching), but I can't help but see that the New York Times ran this photo on the cover juxtaposed with this as the Christian Science Monitor's cover. On Google, there's a photo of Bush being sworn in with another photo of Ukranian leaders looking disgusted just below it. Granted, the stories are about two different subjects, but the image is fantastic.

I'm not really sure how to spend this inauguration day. I think a lot of people are tired of feeling outraged and powerless, which, if the truth be told, is actually the case. The plan is to read everything I can about the state of the nation, write some letters to state and county representatives on their shitty, shitty gay marriage policies, make a donation to IndyMedia, and organize a group to go see The Corporation tonight, which, is playing in mainstream theatres in Paris. I think if I don't do anything, I'm just going to sit around muttering curses and checking news outlets every two minutes and really, that's not healthy for anyone.


Hope on a hopeless day:
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here
and thankfully
Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home